As you may or may not know….I absolutely love fall!! The hoodies, the cool winds, the pumpkin and apple scents….I just love it all! In honor of the first day of fall coming up, I went over to Walmart (your destination for everything) and picked up a couple of things to decorate my room. Since they were from Walmart, they were also all under $4 each! Here’s what I got!
When I saw these kitchen towels, I absolutely had to have them! They’re so cute! First of all, I absolutely love owls (which probably contributes to my love of fall). My room is pretty much fully decorated with everything owl related. I also couldn’t resist the fox “Happy Harvest” one since it’s just so adorable.
Next, I picked up some actual decorations for my room. The first one is a mini pumpkin that I thought would look really cute on my nightstand next to my fall Bath & Body Works candle. How can you not have a mini pumpkin for the fall? Last, I picked up five strands of leaves to put on the fairy lights hanging around my room. If you’ve ever seen my videos, they’re the ones right above my bed where I film. I thought that they would make my room and videos look a lot more festive.
Happy fall everyone!!
So, as you’ve probably seen from my September beauty wishlist, I was incredibly excited when I found out that Too Faced was coming out with another collection based on peaches. Let me just say, I absolutely love everything having to do with peaches! I love the smell of peaches, I love the taste of peaches, and I love peach makeup, so I absolutely had to get some of the collection. This is what I got!
Primed and Peachy
I have never actually bought a Too Faced primer. I did get their Hangover primer as a sample, though, and really liked it, so I decided to try out this one. It has the same smell as the rest of the collection which is amazing. You can definitely smell peaches like the other collection, but it’s not nearly as strong as the other one because the cream mixed in tones it down. When I tried it out on my hand, it blurred everything out perfectly, so I think that it will be great on my face.
Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation in Snow
I was actually kind of disappointed with this one. I got the lightest shade which works for me in their Born This Way Foundation, but this one was too dark for my skin tone. I was so disappointed because I was really looking forward to this one. I’m sure if you’re not really pale like me, though, it will work great!
Peach My Cheeks Blush in Peach Dream
I really like this so far. It’s pretty pigmented which is nice. It’s also a beautiful pale pink which I think will look awesome on my pale skin during the winter. The formula is supposed to be new. It’s really interesting because it feels creamy when you swirl your finger in it, but when it’s on your finger, it’s more powdery. They also have a highlighter and bronzer in this formula which I didn’t get.
Peach Kiss in Drunk Dial
I absolutely LOVE the look of this lipstick! The actual lipstick has peaches engraved on the sides which is so adorable!! The color itself is a really pretty berry tone which is so perfect for fall!
Just Peachy Mattes
I personally believe this is a great palette for travel since it’s all mattes, is small, and has a big mirror. The feel like the colors could be really pretty for fall, but they could also be used for all other seasons by showing casing certain colors. Plus, it smells great, but it’s not too overpowering like the Sweet Peach palette can be.
So many amazing collections are being released today and in the near future, and if I were to buy all of it, I would be in debt up to my head. Since I can’t buy all of them, I thought I would do my first ever beauty wishlist with some of the products I would absolutely love to have, and if you happen to have more money than I do at the moment, you should definitely check out!
Too Faced Peaches and Cream Collection
Let’s be honest, I want absolutely everything from this collection (and I’ll be buying some of these products, but here are a few of my favorites….
- Peach Kiss Matte Lipstick ($21) in Drunk Dial, Love is a Battlefield, After School Special, and Sex on the Peach: Seriously, this is like one of the cutest tubes of lipstick I have ever seen. There are peach indentations ON the lipstick, and the gold and cream on the tube look so classy and beautiful. Drunk Dial is a beautiful deep purple, and Love is a battlefield is a deep plum which are both gorgeous for fall.
- Peach Perfect Foundation ($36) in Snow: I just really, really want to try this foundation because I really love their Born This Way foundation. It’s supposed to be matte, too, which I like for fall weather.
- Just Peachy Mattes Palette ($45): I absolutely love the look of this palette! It’s all mattes which is awesome since I don’t have a palette like that. It also looks perfect for a travel palette since it has such good colors and a great mirror.
- Peach My Cheeks Blush ($30) in Peach Dream: Honestly, I’m just really curious about this formula. It’s supposed to be new and comes in blushes, a bronzer, and a highlighter. The shade Peach Dream is a really soft pink, and I think it would look great on my pale skin for the winter months.
- Primed & Peachy ($30): I really love Too Faced’s other primer, so I’m curious to see how this one does as well. I’m also really hoping it smells like peaches like the other one smells like coconut.
Tarte’s New Holiday Collection
The packaging of all of these products is absolutely so cute and different than other holiday collections I’ve seen. I just love it! Here are some of the products I really want….
- Buried Treasure Eyeshadow Palette ($36): This palette is so freaking cute. All of the eyeshadows are laid out next to each other in different sized circles, and the shades are absolutely perfect for any kind of holiday party. I want this so, so bad!
- Lip Luxuries Deluxe Lip Sculptor Set ($34): This comes with five tubes of lipstick in really pretty Christmas-y shades. They’re all double ended, so on one side you have the satin lipstick and on the other, there’s a gloss. They look so bright and festive!
- Metallic Treats Glitter Liner Set ($29): I would really just love to try these out since I don’t have any glitter liners. It comes with three shades, and I absolutely love all three. I could definitely see myself wearing them to a fancy Christmas party or dinner.
August has been an incredibly crazy, busy, and exciting month for me. I started student teaching this month and took over my first class which has been an emotional roller coaster. There are days when I’m incredibly happy and absolutely love my job, and there are other days when I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. Overall, though, I’ve loved it. Anyway, because of this, most of my favorites for this month are because of student teaching.
- Eva-NYC 10 in 1 Hair Primer: I got this product in my IPSY bag a few months ago, and I absolutely love it! I use it right after I dry my hair, and it makes my hair so much more manageable, shiny, dries faster, and healthier. I’m literally down to the last few sprays, so I’m going to go out and buy more very soon.
- Pixi by Petra Color Corrector in Brightening Peach: I have really dark under eye circles. Plus, I’ve been having to wake up a lot earlier than usual which doesn’t help much, so I wanted to try a color corrector to try and make them a bit better. This has been really great. The color is great and really does make my under eyes a lot brighter.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: I have been using this everyday since I got it. It blends my makeup so well and makes it look flawless. The point also lets me blend my concealer into the corners of my eyes. In my opinion this is better than the Beauty Blender.
- Too Faced Natural Love Palette: This is the absolute best everyday eye palette. You can get so many different looks with it. They blend out really well, and there are multiple different mattes, shimmers, and glittery shades to get the look you want. I also think it’s the perfect beginner makeup palette.
- Crochet Toms: These shoes have been absolutely perfect for student teaching since I have to be on my feet all day. They are so comfortable, and they are dressy enough to wear for school.
- Vera Bradley Agenda: This has literally been my life since I started student teaching. Between school, my blog, my channel, and general life, I have been living by what’s in this. It is a little expensive, but it has been perfect!
I hope you all have had a great month! Let me know what you have been loving in the comments!
I have been getting IPSY bags for about a year now, but I heard about the Sephora Play bag from my cousin and decided to try it out. This was my first month getting it, so I wanted to spend a post comparing the two.
As far as the actual bag, they are both supposed to come with collectable bags, but I definitely prefer the IPSY bag (at least this month). I use the IPSY bags to separate all the different colors of lipstick I have, and I prefer having a zipper to a drawstring bag.
Both of the bags are $10, and they come monthly. The IPSY bag gives you the chance to see your products the second week of the month, and they show you the theme and bag on the first of every month. Sephora Play does not show the theme or the products you are getting until around the time you actually get the bag. This is just a matter of preference, but I prefer the way IPSY does it.
With IPSY, you get your bag around the end of the second week of the month. Sephora Play delivers the bag around the third week of the month. IPSY sends the bag in a metallic pink bubble wrap package, and Sephora Play sends theirs in black and white striped box. Even though I have never received any damaged products from IPSY, I feel like the box protects the samples better, and the box is really cute.
As for the products themselves, it seems like you get more deluxe samples from IPSY (at least this month). However, Sephora Play definitely gives you higher end samples. This month I got samples from Beauty Blender, Too Faced, Clinique, and Glam Glow. IPSY, on the other hand, is more drugstore makeup even though they usually do send at least one sample of higher end makeup with each bag.
Overall, I think that both bags are definitely worth it. Choosing between the two comes down to a matter of preference and the samples that you are looking to try.
When I first started doing my makeup, I was a bit overwhelmed at all of the different brands. I had absolutely no idea which products were good, which ones were bad, or even which ones were drugstore makeup brands versus higher end. SO….if you happen to be in the same position as I was in then, here are a few of my absolute favorite drugstore makeup brands and some of the products I love from each one.
- Maybelline: Maybelline just always seems pretty reliable when it comes to finding and trying out new makeup. I really haven’t found a lot from there that I just absolutely hate. Maybelline has some really great concealers, including the Fit Me and the Instant Age Rewind Under Eye concealers. They also have good everyday mascaras. My personal favorite is the Lash Sensational mascara.
- Rimmel: I’m a big fan of Rimmel mainly because they have really good drugstore foundations. I use the Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation which definitely lasts all day (not really sure about 25 hours, though, since I take my makeup off at night). I also love that it has a foundation light enough for my pale skin. Recently, I bought their setting powder which is also really great.
- L’Oreal: This is probably my absolute favorite drugstore brand simply because they do so, so many products right. If I had to recommend one, it would probably be this one. Their foundations are light enough for my pale skin, they make my absolute favorite mascara as of now (Lash Paradise), and I’ve heard their lip liners and lipsticks are really great.
- Physician’s Formula: This one is kind of the higher end of drugstore makeup. Because of that, I’ve just started trying it out, but so far I really like the brand as a whole. My favorite is their Butter Bronzer which is so creamy and smells like coconut.