Along with the Fem Rosa collection, I decided to try out some of the other new collections Colourpop has come out with recently. I was really excited to see that Colourpop was expanding and coming out with nail polish, so of course I bought two of them to try out (Pixi-lated and First Wings First). The other collection I decided to try out was the Crystal Collection, but unfortunately most of the collection was sold out by the time I ordered everything so I only got the rose quartz lip balm.
First up is the nail polish. I used Pixi-lated (which is the blue-ish color) on my toenails, and I tried out First Wings First on my finger nails.
- The packaging and names are really cute!
- They have a good range of colors for the first release from a sparkly silver to light pink to teal.
- They are really pigmented which is something Colourpop as a whole does really well.
- The colors seem more spring-y than summer-y which is kind of disappointing since they released them in the summer.
- The nail polish dries really quickly which means it starts clumping when you’re still painting the nail.
- There doesn’t seem to be a lot of product compared to the other nail polishes I have. Especially when the price with shipping isn’t that much cheaper than (what I think are better) nail polishes.
Next we have the rose quartz lip balm from the crystal collection. I think the idea behind this collection is so neat! They have a video on their YouTube channel explaining about the different crystals used in their products and the different energies they’re supposed to represent.
- The idea behind the collection is so cute and interesting.
- It looks really good over lipstick to give it another dimension.
- It smells good!
- It makes their matte lipstick feel more moisturizing.
- It has a really pretty sparkly, pink-y sheen when the light hits it.
- Most of the collection is already sold out….
- The lip balm has enough pigment in it to look way too light on my pale skin.
- The box it came in was really cute, but the actual tube packaging is just bland.