So many amazing collections are being released today and in the near future, and if I were to buy all of it, I would be in debt up to my head. Since I can’t buy all of them, I thought I would do my first ever beauty wishlist with some of the products I would absolutely love to have, and if you happen to have more money than I do at the moment, you should definitely check out!
Too Faced Peaches and Cream Collection
Let’s be honest, I want absolutely everything from this collection (and I’ll be buying some of these products, but here are a few of my favorites….
- Peach Kiss Matte Lipstick ($21) in Drunk Dial, Love is a Battlefield, After School Special, and Sex on the Peach: Seriously, this is like one of the cutest tubes of lipstick I have ever seen. There are peach indentations ON the lipstick, and the gold and cream on the tube look so classy and beautiful. Drunk Dial is a beautiful deep purple, and Love is a battlefield is a deep plum which are both gorgeous for fall.
- Peach Perfect Foundation ($36) in Snow: I just really, really want to try this foundation because I really love their Born This Way foundation. It’s supposed to be matte, too, which I like for fall weather.
- Just Peachy Mattes Palette ($45): I absolutely love the look of this palette! It’s all mattes which is awesome since I don’t have a palette like that. It also looks perfect for a travel palette since it has such good colors and a great mirror.
- Peach My Cheeks Blush ($30) in Peach Dream: Honestly, I’m just really curious about this formula. It’s supposed to be new and comes in blushes, a bronzer, and a highlighter. The shade Peach Dream is a really soft pink, and I think it would look great on my pale skin for the winter months.
- Primed & Peachy ($30): I really love Too Faced’s other primer, so I’m curious to see how this one does as well. I’m also really hoping it smells like peaches like the other one smells like coconut.
Tarte’s New Holiday Collection
The packaging of all of these products is absolutely so cute and different than other holiday collections I’ve seen. I just love it! Here are some of the products I really want….
- Buried Treasure Eyeshadow Palette ($36): This palette is so freaking cute. All of the eyeshadows are laid out next to each other in different sized circles, and the shades are absolutely perfect for any kind of holiday party. I want this so, so bad!
- Lip Luxuries Deluxe Lip Sculptor Set ($34): This comes with five tubes of lipstick in really pretty Christmas-y shades. They’re all double ended, so on one side you have the satin lipstick and on the other, there’s a gloss. They look so bright and festive!
- Metallic Treats Glitter Liner Set ($29): I would really just love to try these out since I don’t have any glitter liners. It comes with three shades, and I absolutely love all three. I could definitely see myself wearing them to a fancy Christmas party or dinner.
August has been an incredibly crazy, busy, and exciting month for me. I started student teaching this month and took over my first class which has been an emotional roller coaster. There are days when I’m incredibly happy and absolutely love my job, and there are other days when I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. Overall, though, I’ve loved it. Anyway, because of this, most of my favorites for this month are because of student teaching.
- Eva-NYC 10 in 1 Hair Primer: I got this product in my IPSY bag a few months ago, and I absolutely love it! I use it right after I dry my hair, and it makes my hair so much more manageable, shiny, dries faster, and healthier. I’m literally down to the last few sprays, so I’m going to go out and buy more very soon.
- Pixi by Petra Color Corrector in Brightening Peach: I have really dark under eye circles. Plus, I’ve been having to wake up a lot earlier than usual which doesn’t help much, so I wanted to try a color corrector to try and make them a bit better. This has been really great. The color is great and really does make my under eyes a lot brighter.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: I have been using this everyday since I got it. It blends my makeup so well and makes it look flawless. The point also lets me blend my concealer into the corners of my eyes. In my opinion this is better than the Beauty Blender.
- Too Faced Natural Love Palette: This is the absolute best everyday eye palette. You can get so many different looks with it. They blend out really well, and there are multiple different mattes, shimmers, and glittery shades to get the look you want. I also think it’s the perfect beginner makeup palette.
- Crochet Toms: These shoes have been absolutely perfect for student teaching since I have to be on my feet all day. They are so comfortable, and they are dressy enough to wear for school.
- Vera Bradley Agenda: This has literally been my life since I started student teaching. Between school, my blog, my channel, and general life, I have been living by what’s in this. It is a little expensive, but it has been perfect!
I hope you all have had a great month! Let me know what you have been loving in the comments!
I have been getting IPSY bags for about a year now, but I heard about the Sephora Play bag from my cousin and decided to try it out. This was my first month getting it, so I wanted to spend a post comparing the two.
As far as the actual bag, they are both supposed to come with collectable bags, but I definitely prefer the IPSY bag (at least this month). I use the IPSY bags to separate all the different colors of lipstick I have, and I prefer having a zipper to a drawstring bag.
Both of the bags are $10, and they come monthly. The IPSY bag gives you the chance to see your products the second week of the month, and they show you the theme and bag on the first of every month. Sephora Play does not show the theme or the products you are getting until around the time you actually get the bag. This is just a matter of preference, but I prefer the way IPSY does it.
With IPSY, you get your bag around the end of the second week of the month. Sephora Play delivers the bag around the third week of the month. IPSY sends the bag in a metallic pink bubble wrap package, and Sephora Play sends theirs in black and white striped box. Even though I have never received any damaged products from IPSY, I feel like the box protects the samples better, and the box is really cute.
As for the products themselves, it seems like you get more deluxe samples from IPSY (at least this month). However, Sephora Play definitely gives you higher end samples. This month I got samples from Beauty Blender, Too Faced, Clinique, and Glam Glow. IPSY, on the other hand, is more drugstore makeup even though they usually do send at least one sample of higher end makeup with each bag.
Overall, I think that both bags are definitely worth it. Choosing between the two comes down to a matter of preference and the samples that you are looking to try.
This is going to be kind of a short blog post. I just wanted to take some time to tell you a little about who I am and what I love! Let me know in the comments section some things about you!
- I absolutely love cold animals (penguins, killer whales, seals, etc)
- I did gymnastics for 11 years
- My favorite color is teal and turquoise
- I wanted to work for Sea World when I was little
- I was obsessed with Steve Irwin when I was little
- One Direction is the first and only boyband I’ve ever liked (Sorry Backstreet Boys )
- I am a science education major with an emphasis in biology
- I have wanted to start a YouTube channel for about three years now
- My favorite makeup brand is Too Faced
- The first YouTuber I ever watched was Zoella
- The boyfriend I have now is my first ever boyfriend
- We have been dating for almost two years
- I’m definitely an introvert which means I get energy from being alone
- I am an only child
- I have seven first cousins who are like my siblings
- My favorite tv shows are How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Rec, Once Upon a Time, and Pretty Little Liars
- I love romantic comedies, but they have to be really funny
- It takes a lot to make me really laugh
- I am 22 years old
- I am a fifth year senior in college
- My favorite author is C.S. Lewis
- I adore fruit
- Peaches are my absolute favorite
- I started doing my makeup about halfway through my sophomore year of college
- I am obsessed with coffee. If I don’t have it in the mornings I’m literally like a zombie
When I first started doing my makeup, I was a bit overwhelmed at all of the different brands. I had absolutely no idea which products were good, which ones were bad, or even which ones were drugstore makeup brands versus higher end. SO….if you happen to be in the same position as I was in then, here are a few of my absolute favorite drugstore makeup brands and some of the products I love from each one.
- Maybelline: Maybelline just always seems pretty reliable when it comes to finding and trying out new makeup. I really haven’t found a lot from there that I just absolutely hate. Maybelline has some really great concealers, including the Fit Me and the Instant Age Rewind Under Eye concealers. They also have good everyday mascaras. My personal favorite is the Lash Sensational mascara.
- Rimmel: I’m a big fan of Rimmel mainly because they have really good drugstore foundations. I use the Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation which definitely lasts all day (not really sure about 25 hours, though, since I take my makeup off at night). I also love that it has a foundation light enough for my pale skin. Recently, I bought their setting powder which is also really great.
- L’Oreal: This is probably my absolute favorite drugstore brand simply because they do so, so many products right. If I had to recommend one, it would probably be this one. Their foundations are light enough for my pale skin, they make my absolute favorite mascara as of now (Lash Paradise), and I’ve heard their lip liners and lipsticks are really great.
- Physician’s Formula: This one is kind of the higher end of drugstore makeup. Because of that, I’ve just started trying it out, but so far I really like the brand as a whole. My favorite is their Butter Bronzer which is so creamy and smells like coconut.
This is going to be a fairly quick and simple post. I just wanted to do a quick review on the foundation that I’ve been using the most this summer. By far, it’s been my go-to foundation for about two months now (and not only because it’s one of the only foundations I have that match my skin tone right now lol).
- It comes in a lot of different shades, including one light enough for my skin tone.
- It’s so easy to blend out.
- It’s medium coverage, but you can build it to full coverage easily.
- It does not settle into the lines of my face.
- It has SPF 17 which is so nice for my pale skin!
- You definitely need to use a setting spray if you want it to last longer than about five hours.
Overall, I’d give this foundation four out of five stars. To me, it’s perfect for the summer months, and I can definitely see this being my favorite for more months to come!