So, I have pretty much been off the grid for the last month. I haven’t made any videos. I haven’t posted on Instagram, and I haven’t written anything on my blog. I’ve basically just been sitting in my room working on stuff to get certified to teach, which is a lot harder, longer, and more complicated than you think it would be. There’s like this 30 page document you have to write and submit along with two videos of yourself teaching, and that’s only one part of it. It really just takes so much out of you when you don’t have time to do the things you really enjoy and express yourself. Anyway, because of that, I’ve been incredibly busy and stressed which has affected pretty much everything else in my life, so I’m really happy to say that I finally got it finished and can get back to focusing on other things I enjoy doing like social media.
I have to say that all of that stress really took a lot out of me. I got to the point where I hated going to school everyday and having to interact with people. Since I wasn’t enjoying what I was doing, I had a really short fuse with just about everyone, including my family and my boyfriend. I had to force myself to get up in the morning and get ready for school, and there were days when I really just couldn’t and had to take personal days off to get myself mentally prepared for the next day. I know this sounds extreme, but a lot of stress can just turns you into a completely different person.
It was also worsened by the fact that I’m not 100% sure that teaching high school is exactly what I want to do with my life. Don’t get me wrong. I usually love interacting with the students and seeing the pride on their faces when they understand something they previously didn’t, but teaching can be a really emotionally draining job since you always have to be on call for the students whenever they need you. I’m just not sure it’s what I’m supposed to be doing for the rest of my life.
For someone who likes to have everything planned out and orderly, this is a really scary thought. I’m graduating next semester, and I’m still not sure what I want my life to look like afterward. For some people, like my boyfriend, this is exciting. For me, it’s terrifying.
Luckily, I have a lot of people to support me through this, and I started to see a counselor so that I could talk through some things. By the way, I highly recommend seeing a counselor if you’re going through a major transition in your life, and it’s starting to affect you. It just helps me so much to be able to talk to someone and have them listen and talk you through it. I know that, for some reason, there’s a stigma associated with going to see a counselor, but there really shouldn’t be, and it definitely shouldn’t stop you from going. Everyone needs help now and then, even if they don’t want to admit it.
Anyway, moving on to happier things. For a while now I’ve been planning to go to India in December in order to meet my boyfriend’s family. Recently I finally bought the tickets, so it’s starting to feel a lot more real. I’m incredibly excited but also really nervous. I’ve never done anything like this before. I’ve never been anywhere near India (I’ve only been to New Zealand outside of America), and although I know about the culture from my boyfriend, I still feel like I’m going to be in for a major culture shock.
I’m going to try to blog about the trip, so if you want to hear more, make sure to follow my blog!
As you may or may not know….I absolutely love fall!! The hoodies, the cool winds, the pumpkin and apple scents….I just love it all! In honor of the first day of fall coming up, I went over to Walmart (your destination for everything) and picked up a couple of things to decorate my room. Since they were from Walmart, they were also all under $4 each! Here’s what I got!
When I saw these kitchen towels, I absolutely had to have them! They’re so cute! First of all, I absolutely love owls (which probably contributes to my love of fall). My room is pretty much fully decorated with everything owl related. I also couldn’t resist the fox “Happy Harvest” one since it’s just so adorable.
Next, I picked up some actual decorations for my room. The first one is a mini pumpkin that I thought would look really cute on my nightstand next to my fall Bath & Body Works candle. How can you not have a mini pumpkin for the fall? Last, I picked up five strands of leaves to put on the fairy lights hanging around my room. If you’ve ever seen my videos, they’re the ones right above my bed where I film. I thought that they would make my room and videos look a lot more festive.
Happy fall everyone!!
August has been an incredibly crazy, busy, and exciting month for me. I started student teaching this month and took over my first class which has been an emotional roller coaster. There are days when I’m incredibly happy and absolutely love my job, and there are other days when I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. Overall, though, I’ve loved it. Anyway, because of this, most of my favorites for this month are because of student teaching.
- Eva-NYC 10 in 1 Hair Primer: I got this product in my IPSY bag a few months ago, and I absolutely love it! I use it right after I dry my hair, and it makes my hair so much more manageable, shiny, dries faster, and healthier. I’m literally down to the last few sprays, so I’m going to go out and buy more very soon.
- Pixi by Petra Color Corrector in Brightening Peach: I have really dark under eye circles. Plus, I’ve been having to wake up a lot earlier than usual which doesn’t help much, so I wanted to try a color corrector to try and make them a bit better. This has been really great. The color is great and really does make my under eyes a lot brighter.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: I have been using this everyday since I got it. It blends my makeup so well and makes it look flawless. The point also lets me blend my concealer into the corners of my eyes. In my opinion this is better than the Beauty Blender.
- Too Faced Natural Love Palette: This is the absolute best everyday eye palette. You can get so many different looks with it. They blend out really well, and there are multiple different mattes, shimmers, and glittery shades to get the look you want. I also think it’s the perfect beginner makeup palette.
- Crochet Toms: These shoes have been absolutely perfect for student teaching since I have to be on my feet all day. They are so comfortable, and they are dressy enough to wear for school.
- Vera Bradley Agenda: This has literally been my life since I started student teaching. Between school, my blog, my channel, and general life, I have been living by what’s in this. It is a little expensive, but it has been perfect!
I hope you all have had a great month! Let me know what you have been loving in the comments!
This is going to be kind of a short blog post. I just wanted to take some time to tell you a little about who I am and what I love! Let me know in the comments section some things about you!
- I absolutely love cold animals (penguins, killer whales, seals, etc)
- I did gymnastics for 11 years
- My favorite color is teal and turquoise
- I wanted to work for Sea World when I was little
- I was obsessed with Steve Irwin when I was little
- One Direction is the first and only boyband I’ve ever liked (Sorry Backstreet Boys )
- I am a science education major with an emphasis in biology
- I have wanted to start a YouTube channel for about three years now
- My favorite makeup brand is Too Faced
- The first YouTuber I ever watched was Zoella
- The boyfriend I have now is my first ever boyfriend
- We have been dating for almost two years
- I’m definitely an introvert which means I get energy from being alone
- I am an only child
- I have seven first cousins who are like my siblings
- My favorite tv shows are How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Rec, Once Upon a Time, and Pretty Little Liars
- I love romantic comedies, but they have to be really funny
- It takes a lot to make me really laugh
- I am 22 years old
- I am a fifth year senior in college
- My favorite author is C.S. Lewis
- I adore fruit
- Peaches are my absolute favorite
- I started doing my makeup about halfway through my sophomore year of college
- I am obsessed with coffee. If I don’t have it in the mornings I’m literally like a zombie
Sometimes I think that it’s the little things in life that make life so amazing. Those moments when you can just sit and enjoy life for a few moments or hours. Everyone has different things that they make them feel this way. For some people, it’s being around large crowds or being in the middle of a hyped concert. For the summer, though, these are the things that make me feel this way.
- Sitting in the Front Porch Swing. There is just something about swinging on the front porch on a warm (not burning hot, warm) summer day and listening to the sounds of birds and other animals around you that is just so comforting.
- Feeling a Light Breeze on a Warm Day. There is nothing so refreshing as a soft, light breeze when you’re just starting to get a little too hot.
- Hugging Your Family After Being Away for a While. The moment I got to hug my family after being away from them for the entire month of June was just so amazing. Seeing the happiness on their faces from me being back was so comforting and….I just don’t have words for it.
- Taking a Walk by Yourself in Nature. I live next to a family lake and walking on a warm day down by the lake with no one else but you and the occasional animal is an absolutely amazing experience.
- The First Feeling of the Ocean. Each year my family goes to the beach, and feeling the ocean on your feet and the saltiness of the air around you for the first time that year is just a magical experience.
- Getting Excited about a New Hobby. This summer I put my fears aside for a moment and started a YouTube channel and got back to writing regularly on my blog. There’s something incredibly exciting about the anticipation of starting a new channel or blog and the hope and pride you have for what it’s going to turn into.
- Having Your Dog Come Sit Beside You While You’re Working. There’s something that makes you feel important when your dog decides to stop chasing after lizards and squirrels and just lay down next to you and enjoy the day.
- Listening to a Song that Perfectly Describes What You’re Going Through. I absolutely love connecting a song to a specific place and time in my life. It’s never intentional, but whenever that song plays a few months/years later, I always go back to that specific moment in time.
- Fairy Lights All Around You. To me, fairy lights just make everything look more beautiful and magical at night.
So those are some of the little things that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside this summer. Let me know in the comments what’s been making you feel the same way!!